Cardiorespiratory physiotherapists assist patients with cardiovascular and respiratory problems.
These difficulties may be as a result of long standing disease, e.g. asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), surgery or a condition requiring a stay in intensive care.
Each patient will receive a thorough holistic assessment and be given an individualised treatment programme. The aims of treatment are to:
• Facilitate airways clearance (removal of excessive secretions)
• Reduce work of breathing
• Promote self management through advice and education
• Optimise mobility and functional independence
The cardiorespiratory physiotherapist provides services including:
• Pulmonary rehabilitation which promotes health and well being through advice, education and exercise for people with long term breathing problems
• Disordered breathing syndrome (hyperventilation syndrome)
• Airway clearance techniques including postural drainage
Contact Jo Adams, Cardiorespiratory physiotherapist for advice or an assessment.