Hallamshire Physiotherapy has now opened a new site at 863 Ecclesall Road.
HP @ 863 is specifically designed for exercise rehabilitation. It is well known that exercise improves not just musculoskeletal health but also cardiovascular and neurological health as well as strengthening the immune system.
Due to the importance of exercise we have joined forces with the award winning Community Wellness Services to enhance Sheffields rehabilitation services. All sessions are run by Physiotherapists or Specialist Trainers.
Classes available are:
PD Warrior is a ‘neuro-active’ programme (Melissa McConaghy explains the PDWarrior programme) that is designed specifically for the person with Parkinson’s. Medication helps with symptom relief and general exercise programs will keep you healthy, but neither of them slow the progression of your disease. The recent evidence demonstrates that the right kind of exercise programme is the only way to modify the course of your disease.
PD Warrior is designed for people are:
- In the early stages of idiopathic Parkinson’s
- Reasonably fit and active
- Motivated individuals
PD Warrior aims to show you how exercise can be enjoyable but also to show you how to exercise for life so you are in peak physical and mental condition at every stage of the disease.
Hallamshire Physiotherapy is now a licensed facility with 2 accredited instructors – Karen Hodgson and Bhanu Ramaswamy.
There are no other facilities in the region offering this successful programme.
We are holding an introductory evening on Wednesday 17 August to introduce the concept and then we will be starting an initial programme and circuit based class.
If you would like to:
- Look, move and feel better
- Find out how to start a neuro-active exercise
- Build your confidence
- Slow the progression of your Parkinson’s
Then, contact the clinic on 0114 2671223 to discuss any issues/costs or to register for the introductory session. There is no referral required.
Strength and Conditioning
Higher Intensity Resistance Training for people with pain and to improve fitness!
Hallamshire Physiotherapy clinic are the leading Physiotherapy clinic in changing lives of people with pain and disability.
The class is:
- Run by highly experienced Physiotherapists in the field of rehabilitation
- Tailored specifically to your needs
- Applying the best research evidence to address pain
- Promoting confidence in your body through education
- Fun and achieves results
Some of the conditions people might have:
- Low back or neck pain
- Recent joint replacement
- Recent loss of mobility following an illness
- Chronic sciatica
- Previous fracture
Please contact the clinic for further details and to book your place:
0114 267 1223
Classes run by Community Wellness Services
- Cardiac Rehab – Based on a PhaseIV intervention, this session is designed for people living with all forms of coronary heart disease and want to improve fitness and wellbeing.
- Pulmonary Rehab – For those with difficulty breathing due to COPD, post Covid19 or other respiratory condition, this could help slow down the effects of these terrible conditions.
- Cancer Care – Either pre- or post-surgery to help aid with recovery and confidence.
- MSK Class – Targeting problems arising from the musculoskeletal system. This includes injuries and diseases affecting the muscles, bones and joints of the limbs and spine.
- Otago (Falls Prevention) – The only evidence-based session to improve balance and strength programme.
ONE TO ONE SESSIONS AVAILABLE to help with an individual tailored approach for your medical condition, weight loss or just want to get back to feeling fit and healthy.
For more information call us on:
0114 2671223 or 0114 537807